Revolutionary, fully new developed dustwipers for suspension-forks will already be available next spring – if you become part of the project! The Dämpferklinik, an aspiring startup from Germany, is launching a Kickstarter crowdfunding-campaign: here
For the first time, due to the „Sentinel's“ two-part design consisting of a body and several inserts, these wipers are made out of high performance plastics. These produce consistently less friction than rubber – the material conventionally used for forkwipers.
The patent-pending construction with it's use of new materials redefines the dustwiper:
The „Sentinel“ stands for lowest friction and best protection for your fork – it's not a coincidence that it's name refers to a guard. That means better bump sensitivity and less wearout. Bikepark or recreational use: The inserts are supplied in different materials, and you can easily exchange them – according to the use intended. So when you service your fork in future, the body can stay in the fork and you only replace the inserts, which minimizes your costs. Also, the body of the „Sentinel“ can be produced in any imaginable colour! Last but not least the „Sentinel“ saves the one or other ounce (gram) of weight.
To produce the „Sentinel“ the young team from Germany needs your support! A product video, FAQs and background-infos can be found from the 26th May onwards via: http://www.sentinelseals.com/.
As a thank-you the Dämpferklinik's team will not only supply you with the new wipers, but also with limited personal editions: Get rewarded for your support by receiving „Sentinels“ in your own favourite colour!
We use materials and geometries that are state-of-the-art in sealing technology. (Conventional wipers are mainly made out of rubber.) The use of high - performance plastics such as polyurethane (PU) is only possible because the Sentinel is made out of two components: body and inserts. This construction is
Exemplification: Studded tires. Tires designed for use on ice can neither be made out of rubber nor steel. Studded tires cleverly combine the advantages of both materials,this is what the Sentinel also does.
– optimized for the application in the mountainbike-sector:
• lowest friction and best fork-protection - we use materials applied in sealing-technologies for the inserts.
• Coloured body: all imaginable colours and effects can be realized.
• Adaptability: Inserts are easily interchangeable according to intended use.
• Lighter than conventional wipers
– sceduled retail price: 39 €/pair wipers incl. inserts; 19,90 €/set inserts
– sceduled completion of the wipers: Spring 2016
– first batch: 6 colours, 2 of which are from among the suggestions of our supporters on Kickstarter
– installation possible in: suspension forks by RS, Fox, Specialized, BOS, X-Fusion (optionally extendable in the future)
– stanchion diameter: 30, 32, 35, 36, 40 (optionally extendable in the future)
– crucial question: Can the stanchions wear out? No, on the contrary: less friction means less wear! Anodised aluminium is much harder than PU.
About the Kickstarter campaign:
– start: around 26th May 2015.
– runtime: 4 weeks
– link to the Kickstarter-campaign [promotion video and further Information/FAQs] direct forwarding of http://www.sentinelseals.com/
– financing target EUR 85 000 (injection moulds, prototypes, laboratory and field-tests, patent and trademark, production).
– Rewards for supporters:
• pair of wipers (up to over 50% cheaper than later cost)
• pair of wipers + voting for a colour (RAL). We'll produce 2 colours from all suggestions!
• personal limited edition: 20 pairs of wipers in the colour of your choice (RAL)
• desired stanchion diameter and colour can be mailed to us if campaign succeeds
• rewards will be sent international, unfortunately except USA and Canada
Find further information about the company and service model in the free info area at http://b2b.daempfer-klinik.de/index.php (english) or watch our image film (currently only in German) on the end-user-website: http://www.daempfer-klinik.de/index.php For any questions we're available and looking forward to talking to you! Steffen Dittmar, bsc of engineering in chemistry with marketing, founder Dr. Melanie Keding, co-founder.